Friday, December 9, 2011

Remove Intel sticker adhesive

I unbox a lot of laptops in the course of my work. One of the first steps after opening the lid is to remove all of those annoying stickers OEMs seem determined to plaster all over everything. For the most part these come off very nicely, but there's one sticker which causes more problems than any other. Intel. For some reason they've chosen to use an adhesive that never comes off completely leaving a sticky unsightly mess on the body of a brand new laptop. Luckily for me (and now you!) I've found the solution. First after removing the inevitable Windows sticker don't discard it. After removing the Intel sticker stick the Windows sticker onto the remaining adhesive. It may take a couple passes to pull it all up, but I've used this trick dozens of times now and it's saved me a fair bit of aggravation. I bet the energy star, or Lenovo, or whatever other sticker you have will work just as well as the Windows sticker.

No more unsightly adhesive residue and no wasted time! Now if only it was this quick to remove the bloatware...

No comments:

Post a Comment